HexPly® SuperCap™ is a range of heavy UD epoxy prepregs in glass and carbon fiber, with 32% resin content, ideal for thick load-carrying parts in wind blades. HexPly® SuperCap™ allows you to combine the advantages of prepreg with infusion technology – providing the best of both worlds.
View our presentation on UD Prepregs for Load Carrying Structures in Infused Blades, from the Sandia 2010 Wind Energy Workshop, Albuquerque
Benefits of HexPly® SuperCap™ prepregs
- Quick lay-up using heavy UD HexPly prepregs
- Perfect fiber alignment in the prepreg.
- No stitching means no fiber damage or buckling of materials.
- No risk of dry unimpregnated reinforcements
- Superior laminate performance for structural parts of wind blades.
- Excellent exotherm management.
- Consistent results every time.
- Uses less material and saves costs.
- Easy to introduce carbon fiber into the blade design.